[Zoeken][Index 1996][Threads 1996][Index 1998][Threads 1998]

White Lightning in Europe - A Report

Een paar weken geleden heb ik deze lijst gefraagt of iemand weet of
en waar de amerikaanse kettingsmeermiddel White Lightning te koopen
is.

Toen kwamen alleen discussiebijdragen over kettingsmeermiddelen maar
geen informatie over de verkrijgbaarheid van WL.

Dezelfde vraag stelde ik ook aan de internationale HPV mailing list.
Hier is een korte verslag van de resultaten, die ik naar de IHPV
discussie lijst stuurde:
Having come back from 1.5 weeks off work (found more than 550 HPV
mails in my box...), I am reporting about my inquiries on WL in
Europe.

                 Main thing: I finally got it!!!

First of all, *many*many* thanks to Richard Loke, Carole Leone and
John H Downer JR, who answered my request on distributors of WL in
The Netherlands, Germany, or Europe in general.

Richard offered to send some bottles from the UK, and got me the
phone number of his LBS (local bicycle shop = plaatselijke dealer)
who has got WL in stock.

Carole contacted the manufacturers of WL in the US, offered to take
some to the championships in Cologne and sent the name and phone of
the importer in Belgium.

John called the 1-800 number twice and got me the importer's name and
phone, too.

So I was able to call the Belgian number and got the address of a
little shop in Amsterdam as the closest dealer to where I live. Last
week I visited this shop and actually found the desired liquid there!
They only had the small bottles, so I bought 4.
I am REAL happy now :-)
To sum up, here are the facts:

The importer in Belgium:  Filipsport, phone: +32-2657-3733

The shop in Amsterdam:    Captain Bicycles
                          Overtoom 528

For the Dutch on this list (de Amsterdamers): The shop is about half
an hour walk from Leidseplein (didn't have my Brompton folder with me
:-( and quite small, stuffed with high-tech MTB parts, but even had a
nice little second-hand Challenge Hurricane in front of the window.
I didn't find the name Captain Bicycles on it but the word
'Mountainbikes' is written in large letters above the window.
HFL 15,- for a small bottle of WL.

Thanks again to all the helpful people!
Mark.

     Dr. Mark Maier                     EUROPEAN COMMISSION
                                  INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED MATERIALS
  Tel:  +31-224-565254                 Joint Research Centre
  Fax:  +31-224-563841                       P.O.Box 2
                             O            1755 ZG  Petten       __o
  E-mail: maier at jrc.nl      _\\/\-%       The Netherlands     _`\<,

Archief homepage | Datum index | Onderwerp index